Wednesday, November 7, 2007

We did it!




I'm always surprised and I shouldn't be. You would think that, after 15 years of doing this in one form or another, I would never be surprised by the fact that the show comes together even if I think it will be a flop. As I mentioned in the previous entry, these variety shows are a different animal. It must be the control factor. I thrive on it, love it, and need it. So when I have to give some of it up to a group of 32 teenagers, I have to do a lot of deep-breath-taking and gulping before I say confidently "ok, we'll try it." When DJ patiently explains FOUR DAYS BEFORE THE SHOW that the Wild Boyz would like to find a new song. Gulp. When the beef jerky commercial needs what kind of costume?? Swallow. When Cassidy is sure that the blue wig will be "poifect" for her judge character. Sigh. When Brett is positive that he can dance the Cuban Pete number "just like Jim Carrey". OK. When Riley needs his Ray Charles karaoke transposed how far up?? No Problem.

I'm so proud of this group of kids. They were all there- 100 %- doing what they had created with no apologies or regrets. WAY TO GO! And THANKS to all who helped in any way- especially those not in band or vocal who helped us just because we asked. Bailey and Erin- nice job.

And thanks to two of the best co-directors I could have!

Mrs. Nichols

No comments: