Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Seasons

I tell my grown children (if you didn't know, I have five of my own plus all of yours!) that they should be thankful that they get to move on in their lives. I'm eternally stuck in high school! But if I didn't love it, I wouldn't be here. Which brings me to the title of this blog: seasons. In my job, seasons are defined a little differently than fall, winter, spring, summer. They pass without fail in the following way: All-State/Musical (or Variety Show) season, Christmas concert season, Pops Concert season, Contest season, Awards concert season. And that's just the high school. Of course, we have been working on Christmas music for 2 weeks now. It tends to sneak up on us. The mixed ensemble is getting ready to go out into the community to spread Christmas cheer. If you have an event for which you need Christmas music, let me know! All I ask is that you give me at least 2 weeks' notice (preferably more). At other times of the year, we need more lead time. But we are already preparing for a Care Center gig on December 19 so we should be ready by the 10th or so to help you out.
On another topic, let's talk about leaving comments on this or any blog. There are only 2 ways that I know people are reading this blog to get all of this essential information:) 1- you tell me in person (thanks, Diana). 2- you leave a comment on the blog. It's really easy and here are the step by step instructions. If you want to post a comment to my blog, (it’s always great to know that someone is reading my blog!) all you need to do is go to www.google.com and create an account. You will use this account information to reply to my blog after you click on the word "comment" at the bottom of the entry you want to reply to. It will then ask you to log in. You'll have to remember your log in information! Good luck!

Looking forward to comments from readers,
Mrs. Nichols

No comments: