Thursday, May 6, 2010

Loving my granddaughter and my job.......


Natalie Renee was born on April 30, 2010. She is the long awaited answer to prayer by her parents and aunts and uncles and grandparents who grieved her big brother Isaac's stillbirth last January. Which brings me to the reason for this blog entry. I am blessed in many ways- one of those ways is the students I get to teach. I was reminded of this on Natalie's birth day when my phone was receiving texts from my students asking for updates and offering prayer. How special! How special to have the opportunity to invest not only my musical leadership, but my life in students for 6 years so that when they graduate they feel like one of my own. These kids become a part of my life as surely as I become part of theirs. What a privilege.

No comments: